Established in 1996, award-winning independent UK tour operator, First Class Holidays offers customers an incredible choice of inspirational worldwide holidays to experience the best of Canada, America, Alaska, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
Carefully designed by experts to suit individual customers, every holiday offers an exceptional level of service. First Class Holidays features a range of holiday types for ultimate bucket-list adventures to see iconic cities, breath-taking landscapes and the world’s most famous landmarks. An exciting range of pre-packaged or tailor-made options are available to suit everyone from self-drive tours, city breaks, cruises, rail journeys and wildlife adventures to luxurious mountain or lakeside lodges & resorts and escorted tours.
We are looking for an experienced Tailor-Made Specialist to join our growing team based in our office in Manchester.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in selling tailor-made long-haul holidays. Specialist knowledge of one or more of our destinations (Canada, USA, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa) would be beneficial. Previous experience working for a retail travel agent or long-haul operator would be an advantage.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
• Create detailed itineraries to exactly suit the customers’ requirements (both telephone and email enquiries)
• Source varied ground arrangements with overseas suppliers, ensuring your itinerary exactly meets the client’s requirements.
• Liaising with agents and clients at various stages of the quotation process
• Use various web based systems to check live availability of products
• Processing bookings on our in-house system.
• Maintaining excellent customer service throughout
Key requirements of this role include:
• Solid travel background with good geographical knowledge
• Knowledge of one or more of our destinations would be beneficial
• Strong selling skills with proven ability to convert enquiries into sales
• Excellent communication & customer service skills
• Ability to use own initiative
• Accuracy and attention to detail are a must
• You must be able to work well as part of a team
• You must be able to work towards a sales target
• Knowledge of GDS system (preferably Amadeus) would be preferred
• Must be able to work to strict deadlines
• Sound computer knowledge is essential
This is a full-time position, including some evening & weekend work.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Office based (Manchester – M32)
To Apply: Please email your CV to email@example.com with a covering letter giving details of why you think you may be suited to this role, your current salary and salary expectations. No Agency applications