Established in 1996, award-winning independent UK tour operator, First Class Holidays offers customers an incredible choice of inspirational worldwide holidays to experience the best of Canada, America, Alaska, Australia and New Zealand. We’re in an exciting stage of growth and are truly delighted to be launching our next destination in 2019 – South Africa!
Carefully designed by experts to suit individual customers, every holiday offers an exceptional level of service. First Class Holidays features a range of holiday types for ultimate bucket-list adventures to see iconic cities, breath-taking landscapes and the world’s most famous landmarks. An exciting range of pre-packaged or tailor-made options are available to suit everyone from self-drive tours, city breaks, cruises, rail journeys and wildlife adventures to luxurious mountain or lakeside lodges & resorts and escorted tours.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
To assist us with the development of our new destination, we’re looking for someone with sound knowledge of Southern Africa.
The ideal candidate will be instrumental in helping develop this new destination, from assisting with product development through to dealing with all enquiries and reservations.
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone who is currently working as a Southern Africa Sales Specialist who wishes to take the next step in their career.
You'll be working within a friendly team based in our modern office overlooking the world famous Old Trafford football and cricket grounds in Manchester.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
Reservations & After Sales
- Create detailed itineraries to exactly suit the customers’ requirements (both telephone and email enquiries)
- Source varied ground arrangements with overseas suppliers, ensuring our itinerary exactly meets the client’s requirements.
- Liaising with agents and clients at various stages of the booking & after sales process
- Offer friendly help & advice in order to achieve good sales
- Working with the Product Manager to assist with product development and brochure production (content and proofing).
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure product and service levels are all delivered to the highest possible standard.
Key requirements of this role include
- Solid travel background with good geographical knowledge of Southern Africa.
- Strong selling skills, ability to convert enquiries into sales
- Excellent communication & customer service skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Accuracy and attention to detail are a must
- You must be able to work well as part of a team
- You must be able to work towards a sales target
- Knowledge of GDS system would be preferred
- Must be able to work to strict deadlines
- Sound computer knowledge is essential
This is a full-time position, including some evening & weekend work.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Office based (Manchester – M32)
To Apply: Please email your CV to email@example.com with a covering letter giving details of why you think you may be suited to this role, your current salary and salary expectations.
No Agency applications.
We are sorry that we are unable to personally respond to all applications.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.