On longer journeys like The Canadian or The Ocean, we recommend that a sleeper option is booked. With only a limited availability on each train, especially the Prestige Sleeper Class, early booking is essential to ensure availability. The options are detailed below and vary by train. Please contact us for additional availability and to check availability for your departure date.
To find out about life onboard and dining options please see: VIA Rail Life Onboard
VIA Rail Sleeper Options
Prestige Sleeper Class
This is the most exclusive way to travel by train in Canada. Prestige Cars offer six high-end sleeper cabins which are 50% larger than Sleeper Plus Cabins, with a panoramic window.
- Daytime layout: a modular L shaped couch
- Night-time layout: bed for two people facing the window
- Private washroom with shower
- Flat screen TV with video selection
- Heated cabin floors and walls for a comfortable environment
Exclusive Service Benefits:
- Personalised service from the Prestige Concierge
- Access to the Prestige Park, Skyline and Panorama Viewing Cars
- Priority access to checked luggage
- Reservations in the Dining Car
- All-inclusive bar service
Please note: Prestige Sleeper Class is only available on The Canadian train.
Sleeper Plus has three options with varying fares and levels of privacy.
Cabin For Two
Each cabin features two armchairs, a small closet, fan, power outlet, private toilet and sink. At night, the cabin converts with comfortable bunk beds. Shared shower facilities are available close by.
Cabin For One
The smallest of the sleeper options, offering the privacy of a cabin with a seat during the day, converting to a cosy bed. Each cabin provides an electric fan, power outlet, private toilet and sink. Shared shower facilities are available.
Upper & Lower Berths
The most cost effective sleeper option offered on the VIA Rail network. With a daytime layout of two double seats opposite each other, converting to bunk bed with a privacy curtain. Shared washroom, toilet and shower facilities are available in each Sleeper Car.
Please note: Sleeper Plus is only available on The Canadian and The Ocean.