Grizzlies of Toba Inlet
Cruise from Lund Harbour to remote Homfray Lodge in Desolation Sound, BC. Tour to view Grizzly Bears in remote Toba Inlet.
- Search for whales, sealions eagles and porpoises on your cruise between Lund and Homfray Lodge
- Experience spectacular night wilderness stay at exclusive Homfray Lodge only accessible by boat
- Join exclusive Grizzly Bear Watching Tour into nearby Toba Inlet wilderness - max 12 guests
- Watch Grizzly Bears feeding on Salmon in their natural habit, from raised covered viewing stands
- Stay in cozy log lodge with lodge rooms or private chalets
- Enjoy home style meals at the lodge with complimentary house wine & beer
- Cruise aboard our Boutique Fishing Boat converted for exclusive Coastal Cruising – only 12 guests on each Grizzly Bear Tour
Click here to check out more holidays in Canada.
Grizzlies of Toba Inlet
Day 1 : Lund
Lund is located at the tip of the Sunshine Coast and is getaway to Desolation Sound. Welcome reception and meet the crew of the Pacific Bear as we set off from the quaint village of Lund. Cruising north into Desolation Sound, we will pass Desolation Sound Provincial Marine Park a haven for boaters and kayakers with its calm waters and sheltered anchorages. As we leave the boaters behind we cruise into Homfray Channel, one of the deepest in North American and flanked by towering peaks including the majestic Mount Denman (1920 m, 6299 ft straight up from the sea). This evening we reach Homfray Lodge nestled in the remote wilderness of Desolation Sound where we meet the staff and enjoy our meals prepared by the lodges chef.
Overnight at Homfray Lodge
Day 2 : Grizzly Bear Viewing
Grizzly Bear Viewing Tours depart Homfray Lodge with a cruise to Toba Inlet. Upon arriving at the river, you will receive a warm and traditional welcome from the Klahoose First Nation guides. A short drive will transport you to specifically designed viewing areas where we spend about 3 hours with the bears in their natural habitat from raised and covered viewing platforms along the remote wilderness river. The highlight of the tour will be the chance to view the grizzly bears feeding on salmon in the natural habitat. Our grizzly bear tours are limited to 12 guests for an intimate experience and less impact on the bears.
Day 3 : Depart Homfray Lodge
Today you join the return cruise to Lund this morning.