Best time to visit
Unsure when to visit New Zealand? Our travel experts at First Class share the best times to go depending on your interests.
Where to go
There's so much to see in New Zealand. From the dramatic landscapes of the South Island to the amazing Fiords of the South Island.
Be inspired by our range of itineraries in our New Zealand brochure. We can personalise any element of your trip to how you want it.
Why Choose Us?
Multi award-winning holidays
750 years experience between the team
100,000 satisfied customers
ATOL and ABTA protected
As one of the most breathtaking countries in the world, New Zealand is a myriad of striking fiordlands, impressive National Parks and intriguing culture.
Passports & Visas:
- As of July 2019 you will need an eTA for New Zealand (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority), please click here for more information and to access the eTA application form
Language & Culture:
- English is the first official language of New Zealand with Maori being the Second.
- Maori people were the first settlers in New Zealand and their culture is a very important part of day to day life in New Zealand, with the Maori people making up 15% of the overall population.
Food & Drink in New Zealand
- New Zealand cuisine is a distinct Pacific Rim style, this draws on the heritage of the cultures in the region.
- A traditional meal is known as a 'Hangi', this is a Maori feast cooked in an earth oven underground. Other specialities include Kumara (native sweet potato), Toheroa (clams) and oysters from Bluff.
- Tipping in NZ is your choice and hotels and restaurants will not add a service charge to their bill.
Money and Expenses:
- Major credit cards are widely accepted.
- A good and service tax (GST) of 15% is displayed in the price in New Zealand and this is non-refundable.
Government Travel Advice for New Zealand
- For the latest information on the country's safety, visit the official government website here.
Auckland (GMT +13)
From 24+ hours
New Zealand Dollar $
Air New Zealand